Cantina Fratelli Pardi story begins in 1919 when the three brothers, Alfredo, Francesco and Alberto, establish it. The winery was, back then, located on the ground floor of the San Marco Hospital, as part of San Francesco monastery in Montefalco. The grapes, used in the wines’ production, partly belonged to the family and some were bought from other local landowners. White and red wines were produced and marketed, but it was the Sagrantino, exclusively Passito, to be the foremost. The wines were sold all over Umbria, and eventually out of the region, to eminent costumers such as the Vatican.
In 2002 the founders’ great grand-sons, Francesco, Gianluca Rio, and Alberto Mario, driven by the will of the Pardi family to keep on the tradition, and with the help of their parents Agostino and Alberto, restore the building in Montefalco and revive their great-grandfathers’ winery.
Today the brothers Alberto Mario and Gianluca Rio, with their enthusiasm and hard work are the new era of the Pardi wine’s legacy.