The origins of Gianni Gagliardo date back to 1847, when the Colla family first began working vineyards in the Langhe zone of Piedmont. It was Paolo Colla, the fourth generation of the family who, in the 1960s, began bottling his own wine in the township of La Morra. In 1973 his daughter, Marivanna, married Gianni Gagliardo, a young man from Monticello d’Alba in the Roero zone on the west bank of the Tanaro river. Gianni was a passionate young man with a notable entrepreneurial talent. It was in 1973 that the winery, as it exists today, was established. Today, the sixth generation of the family; Gianni’s sons, Stefano, Alberto, and Paolo, are the guardians of the estate. Stefano, the first-born, a careful and competent oenologist, has taken charge of the style of the wines, which are characterized by a tireless search for elegance, balance, and harmony. At his side, his brother Alberto, who has taken on the responsibility for the vineyards, continues to seek optimal balance in the vines and a perfect ripening of the grapes. Paolo, the youngest, after a doctoral thesis in Agricultural Sciences, dedicates his energies to the commercial growth and development of Gianni Gagliardo.